Raising London Circuit Update
Light Rail to Woden will create a more connected, sustainable, and vibrant city.
Activities in October
- Fill placement and earthworks, including heavy vehicle movements
- Demolition works will continue on bridge abutments and retaining walls
- Relocation of water, sewer, stormwater pipes and structures, wastewater mains, communications and electrical services within the site footprint and at the intersection of Edinburgh Avenue and London Circuit
- Potholing to identify existing service locations and removing redundant services
- Erosion and sediment controls
Early works – telecommunications work
Work will continue to reinstate the area along London Circuit between Farrell Place and Gordon Street and repair asphalt sections on Farrell Place.
At times during October, there will be shoulder closures of the Parkes Way
off-ramp during standard construction hours. The off-ramp will remain open,
but traffic control will be in place while work is being undertaken. Please follow
all traffic signs and directions while travelling in the area and reduce your
travel speed accordingly.
Vernon Circle southbound, off Northbourne Avenue, will be partially closed from 8pm Sunday 22 October to 7am Monday 23 October to undertake asphalting works. For road users travelling southbound on Northbourne Avenue to Vernon Circle, a detour, via London Circuit, will be in place. If this work is unable to be undertaken on this night, the work will take place on Sunday 29 October.
Out of hours utility works
In October, night work may be required around the site to undertake utility relocations and cutovers. This includes at the intersections of Edinburgh Avenue and London Circuit and Constitution Avenue and London Circuit. This work will be carried out by the asset owner and may include some noisy activities. Properties will be notified directly where services will be impacted.
Standard construction work hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm and Saturdays between 7am and 1pm.
Visit https://www.act.gov.au/lightrailtowoden for more information.